Friday, February 2, 2007

"heart in the hand of the mat"

"You look nice today..."
"Thanks!"
"Where're you off to? It's Saturday afternoon... Normally you're drunk on your web cam by now."
"Daddy 'n Son luncheon at the Radisson."
"Right." He went back to his book. "Wait, where are you going?!"
"Daddy 'n..."
"Yeah I heard you but what's that?"
Knock at the door. I screamed a little and bounded off to let Gord in. Always outrageously handsome and serious looking on the outside, but a smug kidder when you know him a bit better. He reached down to give my rear a little squeeze and I graciously wiggled closer to grind into his thigh a little.
"My, you look nice today."
"I never get tired of hearing that."
"Thanks for being a last minute sub in for me, but somehow I can't fathom it being a tough sell for you to flit around a room with older guys."
"And there's food too! They make these little sushi wraps, SO GOOD. and the wine list is stellar for a local restaurant."
He gave me a comfortable little hug and smooched the top of my head.
"You're pretty cute sometimes."
"And hairless."
"Oh you didn't have to darling! You know I'm happy with you as-is."
"Josie's friend Penn owed her some cash... Josie owes me some money yadda yadda. So I got the Top to Bottom package for free!"
"You're going to be pretty itchy in a week, but the initial result arguably is worth it."
Anthony had come up behind us to drop dishes off in the kitchen and was frozen mid step hearing about how smooth my manbits were.
"Gord, this is Anthony. Anthony, Gord. This is who I'm going to the Daddy luncheon with."
"Aw that's nice! Are you two... like, Big Brothers or something? Or were in the past?"
AWKWARD SILENCE GOES HERE.
Gord looked at me concerned and I wasn't sure if I should tell the truth or try to sugar coat it. Gord jumped in quickly. "It's... it's a lunch for friends to get together... with... their younger..."
"It's for older gay dudes who like banging the nuts to younger dudes."
"Yes. Yes, what Nathan said. But more like we're getting together to have a social lunch with our dates. Just an open forum where it's not a big deal if we're with a younger, albeit LEGAL boy toys."
I enjoy busting the little bubble Anthony lives in. The look on his face was one of discomfort but I know he always thought Gord was a good looking dude. He never came out and said it, but I knew.
"OK so I'm just going to assume that this is a good time and leave it at that."
"Hey! Come with us! It's not like we're slipping around on rubber mats fisting asses the whole time."
"Yes that's after dessert. Kidding! Kidding darling. Oh my, you scare easily."
"No I better stay around here."
"They're serving the little tiny crepes with the duck meat you like from the restaurant."
"oh?"
"Yeahuh. With the goat cheese... and you get to spend an afternoon with men under 40 telling you how hot you are. You could finally get that provider you've been looking for."
"That's... it... it sounds "fun" I guess but not for me. Can you bring me one back?"
"Fuck you, you want the quack crepe you come with."
"Pass."
"Suit yourself. I think we're going golfing after the luncheon so I won't be right home."
"Where?"
"Falcon Cliffs... All the drinks are comped." He looked closer still to coming with us.
Gord felt bad that we were squabbling and stepped in. "Anthony, I have to level with you. This is a get together for old fags to show off the hot boys they can bring along. Nothing sketchy... No different that going to a country club and watching men parade around trophy wives."
I leaned forward and whispered not so quietly, "I'm chubby but I have a winning personality... And duck crepes."
He was thinking about it... But personal standards for morals always wins out. I can't wait to see the food for this thing....

No comments: