Saturday, May 5, 2007

imogen hassall is still a pretty catchy blog title... even if i already used it today

Anthony's voice bounced down the hallway. his usually direct tone was soothing and inviting as he led an advanced Pilate's class. i peeked into the doorway with Dan and watched him. Totally in his element... leading a room full of eager students and having them obey his commands. He really should have been a university teacher to instill fear and sadness into any punks who thought they could get an easy ride. i ducked back before he turned around and slammed into a clammy, sweat-soaked tshirt.
"Aw gross! Back up Dan!" I gave him a shove and he looked amused.
"Like you're not covered in sweat already."
"Yeah not yours, fuck."
"His class is starting to catch on. I think he's poaching from my students."
"You do a two hour intensive kick boxing class, i can't see them abandoning kicking ass for repetitive flexing."
He careened his neck around the doorway to look back in. "Maybe he's bribing them?"
"Yes Dan, one free bj for every new sign up. Don't even look at me like it might be true. Get. A. Grip."
"Don't you think it's stupid that he doesn't want us to hang out?"
"Maybe it's because you obsess and keep asking me stupid questions about him?"
"How is this obsessing?"
"I dunno... maybe because you're supposed to be doing personal training with me and so far all we've done is get a juice and stalked Anthony around the gym. God damn it, don't you have a boyfriend... or what? Are you looking for a threesome? Because, buddy, i've been barking up that tree for a long time and it ain't gonna happen."
He leaned up against the wall and looked at me. "Remember when you said that I was in love with a doomed scenario? I really liked that description."
"Not really something you truly want to be experiencing tho, you know?"
"I know. I can't help it if..." In the background we heard the class wrapping up and we bolted down the hall to make it look like we were going to the weight room but got busted half way to the doorway.
"HOLD IT!"
Dan leaned me up against the wall in a last ditch effort to make it look like he was helping me with a stretch. "Ow! That fucking hurts!"
"No no, you gotta go into the stretch and really...feel it..."
"Stop you're going to give him a fucking hernia."
Dan let me know and I shook off the deep stretch with a furious look on my face. "Hey watch the language, this is where I work FULL time Anthony."
Oy got, he was still obsessed with him but had little to no control over the snarky tone that seeped into his voice when talking to him. Issssssueeeees.
"Real good argument Dan as you stalk me around here all the f..." His students started to file out and looked around unsure at what was happening. Anthony straighted up and dropped the argument to storm past us.
"Dan, do you have to transition directly to hostile every time you talk to him? 'Cause if this is the angle you're working, I think you need to reevaluate." oh my god, he's crying. there's 30 people streaming up and down the hall and i'm standing here with Hunky Gym Bunny crying over Closet Case Gym Bunny.god i fucking hate the gym!

No comments: