Monday, August 6, 2007

boy, you about to loose an arm doing that!

curled up in bed i was half asleep with Ed Wood playing in the background. it was a dreamy wash of silver and white and johnny depp in cashmere. i smiled when i heard his eager voice dash out another brilliant plan. leave it to me to have drag queens lull me to sleep.
the cat was on a love strike to punish anthony and was sleeping beside me. his deep breathing a reminder that he'd always be able to sleep and i'll always be awake thinking about it. Shir turned a little and licked his lips a little. who knows what he was thinking about. no doubt a hybrid of licking his asshole and eating food... or both at the same time.
noah had called me minutes before to detail an enormous sandwhich he was making and i had mmhmmed and hawed through his descriptions and thought how nice it would be to have him shimmy into bed with me, crusts be damned, and hear him natter away in person. instead i have a borrowed cat and depp... damn it i have to fall asleep.
i reached over for my cell phone and checked the call log... a measly 14 minutes and 21 seconds and i was being propelled out of pre-sleep and into fitful thoughts and sighs. i chucked the phone down and groaned into my pillow. Shir was woken up and glared at me with harsh slits of eyes. he bedded back down after staring hard until his eyes slid shut. i fanned my arm out on the sheets beside me. i wish someone was riiiiiiight here... someone i could scratch my fingers down his back. sleep beside some snoring bear of a man instead of a sissy kitty and my ever-growing collection of glasses and gum wrappers on my bedside table. oh the life of the swinging bachelor.

No comments: