Saturday, March 8, 2008

whisper whisper

so i'm sick with a goddamn cold. this one has been especially "neat" in the sense that i thought it was a head cold and now i wonder if it was some mutant flu bug? whatever.

the main thing that's bugging me beyond being tired/light headed is my voice. anyone who knows me knows i'm incapable of shutting up. ever. so now my voice is a mix of raspy bottomed out tones and whispered little squeaks.

when i went into a health food store yesterday i walked up to the salesclerk and managed to say, "Hey I lost my voice because of a cold, can you help me find this?" and i showed her my list on my BlackBerry. She then spent the remainder of the time yelling at me. then at the grocery store i was whispering to my roommate who was talking back at a normal volume... but when i got to the cashier she started whispering at me. Gah!

how does this apply for people who have damaged vocal chords?? As in their voices aren't going to get louder/clearer... do they have to get this all day long when talking to people?? If so my fucking condolences... if I'm miffed at this for a few inconveniences i'm left shaking my head for others who have to deal with it EVERY time they open their yaps.

so i'm not in a rage over it, just more... odd that's how people react to a soft/whispered voice.

No comments: